Welcome to Never Ending Voyage
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney, a couple who sold everything we owned and left the UK in 2010 to travel the world forever.
With just carry-on luggage we’ve been slow travelling our way around the world as digital nomads, earning a living on the road from this travel blog. Read more about us.
We write in-depth travel guides to destinations around the world to help you plan your perfect trip.
We also share tips on packing light, useful travel gear, and how to find the best vegetarian food.
Here are some recommended posts to get you started. Click on the link for the category that interests you or scroll down.
Most Popular Posts
- 17 Unmissable Things to Do in Kauai, Hawaii
- Planning a Trip to Hawaii: DOs & DON’Ts
- 26 Best Things to Do at Disney World Florida
- 16 Unmissable Places to Visit in Japan
- 54 Best Things to Do in Japan for an Unforgettable Trip
- Planning a Trip to Japan: DOs & DON’Ts
- 12 Towns Not to Miss in Puglia, Italy
- 16 Best Things to Do in Bologna
- Dos and Don’ts of Eating in Italy
Travel Gear and Packing Light
- The Ultimate Carry On Packing List After 12 Years of Travel
- The Best Packable Daypacks for Travel
- The Secret to Carry-On Only Travel: How to Use Packing Cubes to Save Space
- Allbirds Review: Our Favourite Travel Shoes
- More posts about travel gear including reviews of our favourite items.
- We write detailed guides to the places we visit. To browse by country, see our Destinations page.
- Our most popular destinations are Japan, Italy, USA, and Iceland.
- We’ve also written about New Zealand, Indonesia (Bali), Singapore, Thailand, Maldives, Oman, South Africa, Namibia and many more!
- Each year we share our travel highlights of the year.
Being a Digital Nomad
As digital nomads we can work from anywhere we have an internet connection. We share the ups and downs of working while travelling and offer tips to help you get started.
- How to Buy Travel Insurance After Departure (and for Long Term Travel)
- Reflections on 2000 days as Digital Nomads
- How We Got Started As Digital Nomads
- How We Fund Our Permanent Travels
- The Practicalities of Being a Digital Nomad Part 1: Insurance, Health, Banking, and Retirement
- The Practicalities of Being a Digital Nomad Part 2: Tax, Visas, Internet & Phone, One Way Flights, and Security
- More posts about being a digital nomad including our guides to living in cities around the world.
Don’t let a lack of money stop you travelling. Read these tips on how to afford to travel, and our reports on exactly how much we spend in each place.
- The Cost of Digital Nomad Living: Our Year 6 Budget
- How We Saved 75% of Our Income to Travel
- How To Budget For Long Term Travel (including the costs of our first RTW trip)
- How to Manage Your Finances When Travelling
- More posts about travel finances including our travel budgets and the digital nomad cost of living around the world.
Food is our favourite way to connect with a new culture. We are always on the search for the best vegetarian food around the world and love to take cooking classes and food tours.
- Vegetarian Survival Guides to: Turkey, Cambodia, Slovenia, Mexico, Jordan, Burma (Myanmar), Japan, Hong Kong, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil.
- More posts about world food including our favourite vegetarian restaurants around the world.
We are slow travellers. We value experiences over sights—participating in ordinary daily activities and connecting with a place through its food, people and culture, delving deeper into one destination rather than rushing through many.
- Our Slow Travel Manifesto
- Our Favourite Slow Travel Experiences
- Our 10 Favourite Neighbourhoods Around the World
Keep in Touch
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us or find us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.