Welcome to The Carry-On Traveller Resources page!
I hope you enjoyed the book and are feeling inspired to pack light on your next trip. The resources on this page should help you.
Below you’ll find a downloadable packing check list, our latest packing list, discounts, and my top gear picks. Click the tabs above for all the links from the book (divided by chapter) and a photo gallery of us and what we pack.
This page contains affiliate links. See our disclosure for details.
Create Your Packing List
I highly recommend creating a packing list before you travel to help you plan what to bring and prevent you panic packing at the last minute. It can also be useful to help you pack lighter on your next trip if you mark what you actually used.
I have created a Google Docs spreadsheet with our packing list and a blank packing list, which you can edit to create your own. Download the packing list here.
Our Packing List
You can find our most up-to-date packing list here.
I’ve arranged these discounts for The Carry-On Traveller readers with some of our favourite companies.
Bluff Works – Simon’s favourite travel trousers. They look great but are lightweight, wrinkle-resistant, quick-drying, and include hidden zippered pockets for security. Use the promo code NEVENDVOY for 10% off.
Clever Travel Companion – Pickpocket-proof clothes including underwear, t-shirts, and leggings with hidden pockets. A great alternative to a money belt to keep your passport, cards, and cash safe on travel days. Use the promo code NEVERENDINGVOYAGE for 10% off.
Clothing Arts – Pickpocket-proof trousers and shorts that have up to nine secure pockets! They make both adventure styles and smarter business designs. We haven’t tried them yet but will when we next have an address. Use the promo code NEVERENDINGVOYAGE10 for 10% off.
Airbnb – Our favourite accommodation site. In many places, renting an apartment on Airbnb is cheaper than a hotel, and you have access to a kitchen and often washing machine (useful for carry-on travellers!). You can also rent a room in people’s homes for even less. Sign up using this link for $35/£25 off your first stay.
My Top Picks
- Tortuga Outbreaker Backpack – Simon’s backpack. Perfect if you want to fit as much as you can in your carry-on. Available on the Tortuga website.
- Osprey Farpoint 40 Backpack – My backpack. An excellent option if the Tortuga is too big for you. It’s durable, light, and supportive. Available on Amazon US and Amazon UK.
- Eagle Creek compression packing cubes – Keep things organised and save space. I love the ultralight spectre cubes and Simon uses the regular ones, which are easier to access. Available on Amazon US and Amazon UK.
- Bluffs trousers – Practical but attractive travel trousers for men. Available on the Bluffs website.
- Tieks ballet flats – Super comfortable, stylish, and packable. Available on the Tieks website.
- ExOfficio underwear – The best travel underwear. Lightweight and quick drying. Available on Amazon US, Amazon UK (limited selection), and from the ExOfficio website.
- Lush shampoo bars – Solid toiletries solve the airline liquid restriction problem. Available on the Lush website or in stores worldwide. Also on Amazon but prices are higher.
- Shaving oil – A tiny bottle lasts Simon months. Available on Amazon US and Amazon UK.
- Kindle Paperwhite – My most essential travel item. It fits thousands of books on a device smaller than a paperback. Available on Amazon US and Amazon UK.
- MacBook Air 11-inch – The perfect travel laptop. Slim, light, durable, and powerful. Available on Amazon US and Amazon UK or in Apple stores worldwide.
- True Traveller insurance – Don’t forget travel insurance! We use True Traveller, which is the cheapest and best we’ve found for UK and European citizens. Get a quote on the True Traveller website.
- World Nomads insurance – A highly regarded company that I recommend for everyone outside of Europe. Get a quote on the World Nomads website.
- Trail Wallet app– Track your travel expenses with our iOS app to help you stay on budget. Available on iTunes.
If you enjoyed The Carry-On Traveller, please consider leaving a review on Amazon. Reviews are hugely important to help independent writers like me get found in the store. Even a line or two would make a big difference. You can leave a review on Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada or your local store.
Thank you and happy packing!
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, so we earn a small amount if you buy through them, at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products that we use and love ourselves. If you choose to buy using these links, thank you for your support!