I am so excited to announce that my book, The Carry-On Traveller: The Ultimate Guide to Packing Light, is now available!
Simon and I have been travelling with just a carry-on backpack each for over six years now. Our packing light posts have been our most popular since we started the blog, so I wrote the book to go into more detail about how we travel carry-on only.
I believe that packing light is the secret to stress-free travel. It saves time at airports, saves money on checked baggage fees, and reduces the stress of lugging bulky bags around. It’s liberating being able to travel the world without luggage weighing us down.
The Carry-On Traveller is for everyone who has struggled with overpacking, whether you are travelling for a week or a year, to hot or cold climates, alone or with kids. As well as our own tips and packing lists, the book includes advice from a range of carry-on travellers, from families to fashionistas, to show that packing light is possible for everyone.
What you will learn
- The basic principles of packing light that you can apply to any trip
- Strategies to avoid panic packing
- The best carry-on luggage whether you prefer a backpack or suitcase
- How to choose the perfect travel wardrobe
- The electronics you really need
- How to manage airline liquid restrictions
- Why how you pack is as important as what you pack
The book also includes
- Male and female packing lists, and how to adapt them for your trip.
- Interviews with a range of carry-on travellers including a family, fashionista, makeup lover, retiree, artist, and more.
- Plenty of bonus tips such as the best travel apps, how to keep your gear safe on the road, and the best bank accounts for travel.
- Access to a packing resources web page featuring exclusive discounts and a downloadable packing list template.
What People Are Saying
Here’s what some early readers are saying about The Carry-On Traveller:
“The book gave me some great ideas on where I can pack less and how to pack better. My backpack right now is about a third less full than usual because I got rid of a lot of the ‘what if’ items I normally bring.” Dani Heinrich, GlobeTrotterGirls.com.
“I was having trouble fitting everything in my backpack and having a minor panic attack on how to do it up until I read this book. I gave it another go and I managed to pack it with room to spare!” Caitlin Reilly
“We just returned from a one-month stay in London. I am so proud to say that we did it with one carry on each. What a sense of freedom it gave us. I followed all your advice mentioned in the book and when I unpacked I crossed off three items I did not use from the list I made when I packed.” Colette File
“My wife and I are going on sixty and about to (finally) sell the house and vehicles and strike out. Your book will be my definitive and sole packing resource.“ Jack Peacock
Packing Light Week
To celebrate the launch of the book, it’s Packing Light Week on Never Ending Voyage! Tomorrow you can learn the basic principles that make carry-on travel possible, on Wednesday I share our updated packing list, and on Thursday 21 carry-on travellers share their packing mistakes to help you learn what not to pack.
Virtual Book Tour
I’ll also be sharing my packing tips around the web on The Carry-On Traveller blog tour. Every day for the next two weeks you can find interviews, book reviews, and guest posts on different sites.
The tour kicks off today with our interview on Too Many Adapters about the technology we use to work from the road and how we fit it all in our carry-on.
Tomorrow (Tuesday 5th April) I’ll be answering packing questions live on Reddit from 9 am EST (2 pm in the UK). Stop by and Ask Me Anything!
For the rest of the tour stops, see The Carry-On Traveller book page.
Where to Buy
Even if you don’t have a Kindle, you can read the book on the free Kindle app that’s available for any laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
You can download a free sample of the book to your Kindle or have a look here:
How You Can Help
I would really appreciate your help getting the word out about the book to help more people pack light. Here are a few small things you could do that would make a big difference:
- Leave a review on Amazon
- Share the book on social media (click on the icons at the bottom of this post)
- Recommend the book to a friend who overpacks
- Leave a review on Goodreads
Thank you and happy packing!
Are you planning your next adventure? See our Travel Resources page for our favourite tools and gear to help you plan the perfect trip.