The Carry-On Traveller: The Ultimate Guide to Packing Light is now available on Amazon.
Save money, time, and stress by never checking a bag again
Have you ever struggled with packing for a trip? You can’t decide what you’ll need, so you pack for every scenario and take far too much. You struggle to fit everything in your bag, you get stressed lugging it around, and you pay a fortune in airline luggage fees.
The Carry-On Traveller will teach you not only how to lighten your load, but how to pack everything you need into a single carry-on-size bag. You can apply these strategies to any trip, whether you are travelling for a week or a year, to hot or cold climates, alone or with kids.
By travelling carry-on only, you’ll save time at airports, avoid wasting money on checked luggage fees (which are increasingly common), and reduce the stress of hauling bulky bags.
It’s not an all or nothing approach. Packing light is a learning process, and you might want to take it gradually. Even if you don’t travel carry-on only on your next trip, this book will help you pack lighter.
“The book gave me some great ideas on where I can pack less and how to pack better. My backpack right now is about a third less full than usual because I got rid of a lot of the ‘what if’ items I normally bring.” Dani Heinrich, GlobeTrotterGirls.com.
What you will learn
- The basic principles of packing light that you can apply to any trip
- Strategies to avoid panic packing
- The best carry-on luggage whether you prefer a backpack or suitcase
- How to choose the perfect travel wardrobe
- The electronics you really need
- How to manage airline liquid restrictions
- Why how you pack is as important as what you pack
The book also includes
- Male and female packing lists, and how to adapt them for your trip.
- Interviews with a range of carry-on travellers including a family, fashionista, makeup lover, retiree, artist, and more.
- Plenty of bonus tips such as the best travel apps, how to keep your gear safe on the road, and the best bank accounts for travel.
- Access to a packing resources web page featuring exclusive discounts and a downloadable packing list template.
“I was having trouble fitting everything in my backpack and having a minor panic attack on how to do it up until I read this book. I gave it another go and I managed to pack it with room to spare!” Caitlin Reilly
Why I wrote this book
The advice in this book is based on my six years of experience travelling full-time to over 30 countries with just a carry-on backpack. I wrote this book because I believe packing light is the secret to stress-free travel. I’ve saved myself money, time, stress, and backache. Most importantly, I’ve gained freedom—I can pack all my belongings in ten minutes and head off on the next adventure.
“I read your book this weekend and could not put it down.You have forever changed my traveling habits.” Colette File
The Carry-On Traveller is available in paperback or for Kindle for US $4.99 (or local equivalent) on:
Or your local Amazon store.
Even if you don’t have a Kindle, you can read the book on the free Kindle app that’s available for any laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
You can download a free sample of the book to your Kindle or have a look here:
The Carry-On Traveller Book Blog Tour
To celebrate the launch of the book, we organised a virtual book tour with guest posts, interviews, and book reviews on various sites around the web, all sharing our tips for packing light.
WEEK 1: 4-10 April
- Monday 4th April: Interview about the travel technology we use to work on the road (and manage to fit in our carry-ons!) on Too Many Adapters and book review on My GTD System.
- Tuesday 5th April: Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) live Q&A at 9 am EST (2 pm BST) – Drop by and ask us any packing questions.
- Wednesday 6th April: Podcast interview on Nomadtopia about packing light and our digital nomad life.
- Thursday 7th April: Guest post on Y Travel blog about how to pack carry-on only for any trip.
- Friday 8th April: Book review on Till The Money Runs Out.
WEEK 2: 11-18 April
- Monday 11th April: Book review and interview on Anywhereism.
- Tuesday 12th April: Interview on Nomad is Beautiful.
- Wednesday 13th April: Burger Abroad shares her ultralight carry-on packing list. And Indefinite Adventure share their digital nomad tips for Taiwan including what to pack.
- Thursday 14th April: Book review on Double-Barrelled Travel.
- Friday 15th April: Book review on Go Backpacking.
- Saturday 16th April: Interview on Dream Travel Girl.
- Monday 18th April: Interview on The Yoga Nomads.
If you’d like to feature The Carry-On Traveller, see our media kit for images, sample interview questions, and more information about the book. If you need anything else and for review copies, contact Erin at sianderin [at] neverendingvoyage [ dot ] com.