This month we are pleased to be hosting Maiden Voyage‘s Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival, bringing you the best travel blog posts from the last month (well, actually the last two months as there wasn’t a November carnival).
If you’d like to be included in next month’s carnival then submit your best post from December by the end of the month here.
We had loads of great entries but here are the best submissions in the 5th edition of the blog carnival.
- Adam from Viajar Sin Rumbo describes his adventures crossing the Syrian and Lebanese borders in An Alien in Arab Lands.
- Keith the Traveling Savage has finally begun his round the world, one month at a time adventure. First stop: Salta La Linda in Argentina where his first impressions aren’t quite what he expected.
- Backpacking Matt presents his first impressions of Kuala Lumpur.
- The Traveling Philosopher Spencer tells us what he learned from Burger King.
- Beers and Beans ask the question: What would you do if the passenger next to you on a plane soils their pants?
- Erica at Over Yonderlust writes about falling in love with both her husband and travel.
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures celebrates her 25th birthday on the beach in La Habana, Cuba.
- Phil in the Blank takes a journey to Timbuktu and gets an amoeba.
- The Globetrottergirls tell us how to stay on budget in Belize, all while enjoying this stunning Central American location passed over by many budget travellers.
- Camden from The Brink of Something Else takes us on a walk through La Boca in Buenos Aires.
- Kirstin of Ivory Pomegranate looks back on the challenges of her first three months of living in Krygzystan.
- The Traveling Canucks share their video of a hot air balloon ride over the magical fairy chimneys of Cappadocia, Turkey.
- Emily at Maiden Voyage falls for jazz in New Orleans.
- Tourist to Townie Gareth takes a budget vacation to Florida and shares lots of details on how he did it.
- Around the World L is back from her RTW trip but continues her explorations in her home town Boston through a Context Walking Seminar.
- Where is Yvette? recalls her Thai cooking class in Chiang Mai.
- Kristin from Camels & Chocolate stays in an over the water bungalow in Borneo on her honeymoon
- Byteful Travel describe a visit to the Coors Brewery in Golden, Colorado — the largest single brewery facility on the planet.
- Laura at Travel for Love took three trips to Rio and discovered it didn’t deserve its dangerous reputation.
Travel Tips & More
- Ayngelina from Bacon is Magic teaches us some Colombian slang.
- Anil at Foxnomad reminds us that Everyone Can’t Travel.
- Brad of Oh Hey World recommends couchsurfing to travel cheaply and to meet amazing people.
- Where is Jenny has helpfully compiled the defining moments in the lives of 27 travel and lifestyle design bloggers.
- Airtreks explore the concept of the Career Break – who’s doing it and how did they make it happen.
- The guys at Don’t Ever Look Back give their reasons for joining a gym in preparation for their RTW trip.
- Hejorama interview filmmaker Shaun Jefford about his travels and his latest movie Beijing Pun.
Are you looking for Christmas gift ideas? See our guide to the 50 Best Gifts for Travelers. They are ideal for travel lovers who want to pack light and include something for every budget.